15 March 2009

Key Lime Delights

Spring break was a delight. It was so, so, sosososo nice to see Caitlin and my grandparents. It was very low-key just watching movies, hanging out, wanting to die because Caitlin beats me so badly at Phase 10. We went kayaking and poked men-o-war with coral, which was educational. We went wakeboarding, which was SUPER fun. For some reason I am better at wakeboarding than waterskiing...mystery of life. We also finally went to bingo with the g-rents, which I've been wanting to do for several years now. Neither Cait nor I won, but my grandma won twice and I was dannnngerously close to the major $350 jackpot (only two numbers...sigh). My last day, my cousin, her boyfriend, and my aunt and uncle came down for their break week. It was great to see them, even only for a day. My last day was spent watching Big Fish and a REALLY crappy Lifetime movie starring the dad from Boy Meets World and his heinous so-much-more-than-a mullet.

Unfortunately, all this family cooking (grandma regularly attempted to feed me to the point of explosion), strawberry consumption, law&order watching and paradise living made me reaaaaaally homesick. I think it's a combination of the long flights, lack of sleep, nervousness about starting my internship, and real live homesickness. Studying abroad for a year is an emotional undertaking, especially when first semester involved SO MUCH NEW.

Internship starts tomorrow. Adventure!

No comments:

People Who Blog and Care About My Thoughts on Things